During pregnancy, a woman has to provide good nutrition for two individuals. The growing baby gets all its
nourishment from its mother through the umbilical cord, so eating healthy is very important.
A well-balanced diet should contain dairy products, fruit, vegetables, fish, meat, eggs, fat and carbohydrates.
A pregnant woman needs to eat from all these food groups every day to get the proper amounts of energy.
• Approximately 10 – 15 % of calories should come from protein. Protein is mainly found in meat, fish, eggs, dairy products and beans.
• Approximately 30 - 35 % of calories should come from fat, which is mainly found in butter, oils, margarine, dairy products and nuts.
• Approximately 50 - 60 % of calories should come from carbohydrates, which are found in bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, corn and other grain products.
It is considered that total weight gain should be 10 to 12kg (20 to 24lbs).
• the first period runs from day J till end of 6th month it is normal to gain 1 Kg/ month (2 lbs).
• the second period runs from day 1, 7th month till the end of the normal pregnancy it is normal to gain 1 to 2 Kg / month (2- 4 lbs).
It is not necessary to be obsessive about your weight during pregnancy. But, it is very important to control it.
To avoid constipation, major problem encountered during pregnancy, eat lots of fibre-rich foods such as fruit, vegetables, wholemeal bread and cereal, prunes and prune juice. Drink 2 to 3 litres of water and exercise about 20 to 30 minutes two to three times a week.
1 cup of fat free milk
Two eggs scrambled with 1/4 cup mushrooms and bell pepper, using 1 teaspoon canola oil
One slice of whole wheat toast
One fresh orange juice
One medium baked potato topped with 2 tablespoons grated low-fat cheddar cheese
1 cup spinach salad with 1 tablespoon dried cranberries and 2 tablespoons light salad dressing
4 ounces of grilled chicken
Two rye crispbread crackers
1/2 cup baby carrots
1 cup of yoghurt
1/2 sliced tomato and 1/4 of an avocado, sliced
4 ounces grilled salmon
1 cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
1/2 cup green beans, cooked
One multigrain toast
8 ounces low-fat vanilla yogurt
“A Great Weight Loss, Diet and Nutrition Management.
I am a first time mother and a stay at home mom. I have struggled with my weight since I was a teenager and have tried every diet I can think of.I hit my highest weight while pregnant and only lost 3kg after my daughter was born. I felt disgusting ...
... I have lost 7k in less than 3 weeks and am still losing...“
“ I Really Loved the Weight Loss, Diet and NutritionManagement.
I have learned a lot about nutrition, eating habits and fitness goal setting. One of the greatest things has been constant motivation to make better choices, and “stick with it, for better results”...It all changed my life.
...Several months later, my weight loss journey continues, I am thinner than what I was before pregnancy... and I learned to listen to my body. Eating real food works!”