AND MORE TIPS (Page 3)
For A Better Successfull Weight Loss, Diet and Nutrition Management
Live Longer With Fewer Calories
By consuming fewer calories, ageing can be slowed down and the development of age-related diseases such as cancer and type 2 diabetes can be delayed. The earlier calorie intake is reduced, the greater the effect. Caloric restriction seems to slow down ageing by preventing an enzyme, peroxiredoxin, from being inactivated.
By gradually reducing the intake of sugar and proteins, without reducing vitamins and minerals, researchers have shown that it is possible to live several years longer than expected.
Studies have shown that active peroxiredoxin 1, Prx1, an enzyme that breaks down harmful hydrogen peroxide in the cells, is required for caloric restriction to work effectively.
Are you aware that what we eat or drink can actually enhance or worsen cigarette taste?
Do you know that there are certain foods that can make us feel bad about cigarette taste and this way assist in giving up this habit!??
Foods and drinks like red meat and carbonated beverages make cigarettes taste good whereascloves, cinnamon, milk and dairy beverages, celery, zucchinis, egg-plant, beans, cucumbers, fruits and non carbonated beverages make cigarettes taste worse!! Good tool for staying smoke free for longer time.
lose your Belly Fat
• Reduce the amount of calories consumed / day
• Quit alcoholic drinks and discard the side-serving of nuts, chips…
• Consume less food loaded with sugar (candies,ice cream,chocolate…)
• Consume less refined food (white breads made with refined white flour...
• Strengthen your abdominal muscles (30-50 mn/day)
• Exercise daily (walk,swim…)
• Include more salads in your meals
• Skip heavy gravies, fried food, sophisticated meals…
Prevent Portion Distortion
Visualize what the correct portions of food are:
• 3 ounces of meat, fish or chicken = deck of cards
• ½ cup of rice = tennis ball
• 1 cup of pasta = medium-sized fist
• 1 medium-sized piece of fruit = tennis ball
• ½ cup of cooked vegetables = yo-yo
• 1 ounce of cheese = pair of dice
• 1 muffin = size of a large egg
• 2 tablespoons of peanut butter = a golf bal
Improve your Mood
Include in your diet
Vanilla lattes, teas and ice cream
Cinnamon and peppermint sticks
Lemons and oranges
Roasted coffee beans
Include in your diet